HEADMEND may be a bit of a trite name for something that’s as intricate and as delicate and important as your emotional self – your ‘character of feeling you’ – but I’m embarking on a gig to try to use the language of the everyday person. That’s something I’m less used to than speaking and writing in technical terms (as I often do).
I’ve called it HeadMend because it’s easier to get that we’re talking about your subconscious self; – the hidden mind that generates all sorts of problems in life – and the solution to those problems, by the way. Most people think that all that relates to the brain, so “head” is what I’ve called this blog. If you have a head that needs a little mending, let’s go right ahead and do that – or at least, understand more about exactly what has to be mended.
Besides, if I named this blog “HeartMend” I’d be attracting the date-seeking population. Not such a bad idea, actually, since meeting up with a partner and maintaining a great relationship relies pretty much on what sort of deeper emotional relationship you have with yourself. Yes, there’ll be an article or two about that subject, as well.
And if I called this blog, “Amygdala-Hippocampal-Pathway-Mend” … well, nobody would read it.
OK, I digress. The form that this blog will take will be that it’s loaded with articles and opinion pieces from me; that is, written by me. What gives me the right to do so? Well, I’ve been in the business of helping people ‘mend’ their emotional states for almost forty years. If you want, you can read a bit about me on the about me page of this site, or here .
Here’s a short list of expected HeadMend posts, scattered throughout categories:
- Quotes. I love quotes that have been written by others, often long ago. They frequently have “restored meaning,” in that they can have modern situations attributed to them, but the quotes themselves have been forgotten or ignored. I’ll always explain the reason I’ve given the quote.
- Articles. Apart from my own, I will be posting articles by others. I’ll be careful about these, making sure they ‘fit’ the aim and focus of this blog site. They may be included in full, or I may offer links to them elsewhere.
- News. You won’t see many of these but if I see that, for instance, a pharmaceutical company CEO has been driven nuts by his own drugs, I’ll want to talk about it.
- Videos. Same as articles, really. Most will be by others, and occasionally, I will post my own video.
- Guest writers. From time to time, we’ll see a piece from someone I invite to share their knowledge or expertise.
- Books. Not many of these, but if I come across something that can generally be informative and educational about “the affect mind” then, I’ll say so with a short review.
Most people read only the beginning and sometimes the end of an article, so I’ll do my best to be succinct and exacting in opening sentences (to let you know the content) and post an article with a ‘more-link:’ you know the one, “more …” or “continue reading …” or “go to …”
CAVEAT LECTOR …
(caveat lector = caution to the reader).
Throughout this blog site, there will appear regular references, through hyperlinks, to pages elsewhere that are significantly more academic or ‘profound’ than the usual tone of this site and its blogs. They are included for the curious, or those readers who wish to delve deeper into the conceptual structures of the work I do. Please feel free to either embrace or reject such ‘leading to’ the information.
In any case, if you are someone who is interested in what drives every person (yes, even you) from a deeper inner affect (emotional) perspective, then I hope you’ll enjoy HeadMend in days, weeks and months to come.